Re: [Monotone-devel] temporary attributes, cvssync

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] temporary attributes, cvssync
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:05:38 +0100

Florian Weimer schrieb:
> * Christof Petig:
>

>>My requirements are very simple: I need to attach a list of {CVS
>>revision per file} to an existing revision.
>

> Do you need to attach this information to the *revision*, or to a
> specific version of a file?

Neither ;-)

Attaching the information to a version of a file is not enough since a
file version might have several CVS revisions pointing to it.

And attaching to a revision unnecessarily duplicates information (few
files change per revision). But delta encoding should handle that. So
since revisions are monotones main objects, it's easiest to attach the
information to them.

   Christof