[Monotone-devel] Re: All branch authors, please read (was Re: I fooled t

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: All branch authors, please read (was Re: I fooled the cycle detection code)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:37:01 +0000 (UTC)

graydon hoare <graydon <at> pobox.com> writes:

> The solution is relatively easy and I've applied it to the mainline today: now
> the reconstruction algorithm understands DAGs in the storage graph. Please,
> everyone who has picked up a propagate from the mainline since 2005-11-05,
> propagate the change I put in today before you get your own branch wedged (in
> the worst case if you get it wedged before you get the fix, you can get it
> unwedged as Christof has, but it's a bit awkward).

*sigh* of course I committed a fix which has a pathological case on a heavily
modified file, exponential cost in the number of fork/merge pairs on a lineage.
Probably you won't hit it today,  but ... best to propagate again. I've fixed it
to remain linear with the number of distinct reconstruction paths.

-graydon