[Monotone-devel] Re: windows *cough* NT4 support?

From: Henry Nestler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: windows *cough* NT4 support?
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:23:22 +0100

Justin Patrin wrote:
On 11/25/05, Matthew Gregan <address@hidden> wrote:

At 2005-11-25T21:39:52+1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:

I have the embarassing misfortune to need to use NT4 at certain sites,
and would love to use monotone to avoid certain aspects of this pain
as much as possible :)

It'll be good to have someone testing monotone on older Windows versions--I
only have very recent versions available to me.

I've had one report that monotone ran on Windows 98 without problems, so I
would've expected it to work fine on Windows NT 4 too...

Heh. Windows 98 and Windows NT are about as far apart as you can get.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if something which worked on one failed
utterly on another.

NT4 is not listed under "Requirements" for function CreateToolhelp32Snapshot(), see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/perfmon/base/createtoolhelp32snapshot.asp

Version 0.32.1 works on Windows 98. With restrictions. Just I checked and found a crash on "db migrate". But after that, it works.
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=15063

--
Henry Nestler