Re: [Monotone-devel] The dark side of content addressing

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] The dark side of content addressing
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:44:22 +0000

Jon Bright <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I quite like the idea of using a combination of the key and the
> branch name.  If I'm using the same key, the same branch name and
> the same content, then things genuinely are identical, no?

Arguably if the same person commits the same thing twice, then they
ought to be distinct.  On the other hand, if they commit it with the
same branch name, I'd tend to agree with you that those probably ought
to be the same revision.  So I think you're right: key and branch name
is probably better than my suggestion of the timestamp.