[Monotone-devel] Rosterification problem

From: Ethan Blanton
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Rosterification problem
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:15:42 -0500

Hi all,

I have a database which I cannot rosterify, either with what I believe
is released 0.26pre2 (9ca37b918cb5309d8d3b0be000dc8a1151df262f) or
head (currently 4d531a78b9ef029b50a0507c932aaacdab8a432e).  I get the
following error with both revisions:

monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: error in revision:1:15:E: wanted
symbol 'new_manifest', got TOK_SYMBOL with value format_version

The offending database is available at:

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/eblanton/private/ical_no_rosterify.mtn

as well as a db dump:

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/eblanton/private/ical_no_rosterify.dmp

Salvaging this particular database is not a big deal at all, it is
simply a convenient place to hold some patches to ical (the real ical,
not Apple iCal) which I use and have in diff form for distribution
anyway.  However, there is clearly something going on here which you
probably want to be aware of.  This particular database has probably
been migrated several times (unfortunately, I do not have the old
versions of it), which may be related.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.