Re: [Monotone-devel] [bikeshed] envelope please

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [bikeshed] envelope please
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:50:50 +0200

On 3/28/06, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
>   -- maybe change the configuration dir from ~/.monotone to ~/.mtn.
>      No-one seemed to much care for this idea, which seemed a little
>      weird to me (I dunno, would you expect ls to find its
>      configuration in ~/.list?), but whatever, this isn't really
>      urgent anyway so I'm happy to ignore it for now.

An argument in favour of keeping ~/.monotone is that monotone might some
day start shipping more than one binary.  E.g. the main 'mtn' and some
other tool included in the same package.  In such case, you'd want both
binaries to store their (different) configuration files inside ~/.monotone to
avoid two directories, isn't it?

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/