Re: [Monotone-devel] [bikeshed] envelope please

From: Larry Hastings
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [bikeshed] envelope please
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:07:21 -0800

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
For the bookkeeping dir, _MTN seemed to have the most consensus (though IIRC Graydon liked _mtn better, so if he wants to put in a last minute plea, I guess we can talk).

I'd prefer lowercase as well.  I mean, the proper name of the project is "monotone", not "Monotone", in pointed violation of custom of uppercasing proper names.  graydon seems to avoid uppercase as a matter of strictest policy (note how it applies to his name as well).

Of course, I'm on Windows, so I could convert it to lowercase anyway and get away with it.

  -- maybe change the configuration dir from ~/.monotone to ~/.mtn.

I'm for it; a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of my small mind.  You seem to have the eggs out, and have made your way through most of the dozen in your quest for an omelet; I say you might as well break all of 'em while you're at it.

Cheers,

larry