Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.33 released

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.33 released
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 07:28:44 -0300

Hi.

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 12:35:27AM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

>         The internal data format has changed with this release;
>         migration is straight-forward.  To upgrade your databases,
>       you must run:
>                $ mtn -d mydb.mtn db migrate
>         All of these operations are completely lossless, and 0.33
>         remains compatible with earlier versions with regards to
>         netsync.

Something funny happened.

I was using my own .deb, built from revision
b6c2557cc900123a1b29ae229198663c687fe4a1. It worked fine on my
personal database.

Then, after installing 0.33, monotone complains that it doesn't
recognize the DB schema, and that I may need "a newer version of
monotone" (Maybe someone launched a 0.34 version already? :-)

personal$ mtn db migrate
mtn: calculating migration...
mtn: misuse: /home/jeronimo/monotone/phd.db appears to be a monotone
database, but this version of
mtn: misuse: monotone does not recognize its schema.
mtn: misuse: you probably need a newer version of monotone.

If I go back to that old version, based on
b6c2557cc900123a1b29ae229198663c687fe4a1, then it works with my personal
database.

However, this old version seems to have a problem with my monotone
DB (the net.venge.monotone database I have here):

net.venge.monotone$ mtn st
mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: database.cc:186: invariant
'I(!res.empty())' violated
mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
mtn: please send this error message, the output of 'mtn --full-version',
mtn: and a description of what you were doing to
address@hidden
mtn: wrote debugging log to
/home/jeronimo/work/mono/net.venge.monotone/_MTN/debug
mtn: if reporting a bug, please include this file

What could be going on?

Thanks,
J.