Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.33 released

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.33 released
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:02:53 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 1 Mar 2007 07:28:44 -0300, Jeronimo
Pellegrini <address@hidden> said:

jp+mtn> Hi.
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 12:35:27AM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
wrote:
jp+mtn> >
jp+mtn> >         The internal data format has changed with this release;
jp+mtn> >         migration is straight-forward.  To upgrade your databases,
jp+mtn> >       you must run:
jp+mtn> >                $ mtn -d mydb.mtn db migrate
jp+mtn> >         All of these operations are completely lossless, and 0.33
jp+mtn> >         remains compatible with earlier versions with regards to
jp+mtn> >         netsync.
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> Something funny happened.
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> I was using my own .deb, built from revision
jp+mtn> b6c2557cc900123a1b29ae229198663c687fe4a1. It worked fine on my
jp+mtn> personal database.
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> Then, after installing 0.33, monotone complains that it doesn't
jp+mtn> recognize the DB schema, and that I may need "a newer version of
jp+mtn> monotone" (Maybe someone launched a 0.34 version already? :-)
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> personal$ mtn db migrate
jp+mtn> mtn: calculating migration...
jp+mtn> mtn: misuse: /home/jeronimo/monotone/phd.db appears to be a monotone
jp+mtn> database, but this version of
jp+mtn> mtn: misuse: monotone does not recognize its schema.
jp+mtn> mtn: misuse: you probably need a newer version of monotone.
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> If I go back to that old version, based on
jp+mtn> b6c2557cc900123a1b29ae229198663c687fe4a1, then it works with my personal
jp+mtn> database.
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> However, this old version seems to have a problem with my monotone
jp+mtn> DB (the net.venge.monotone database I have here):
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> net.venge.monotone$ mtn st
jp+mtn> mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: database.cc:186: invariant
jp+mtn> 'I(!res.empty())' violated
jp+mtn> mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
jp+mtn> mtn: please send this error message, the output of 'mtn --full-version',
jp+mtn> mtn: and a description of what you were doing to
jp+mtn> address@hidden
jp+mtn> mtn: wrote debugging log to
jp+mtn> /home/jeronimo/work/mono/net.venge.monotone/_MTN/debug
jp+mtn> mtn: if reporting a bug, please include this file
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn>
jp+mtn> What could be going on?

Ah, you have followed development but not email.

In your monotone workspace, you will find
contrib/recreate-manifest-tables.sh .  Use it on your database (after
making a backup, just in case).

Cheers,
Richard

-----