[Monotone-devel] Re: RFE: Hard Barrier Between Branches in Netsync

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: RFE: Hard Barrier Between Branches in Netsync
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:08:53 +0200

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:10:10 +0200, Ulf Ochsenfahrt <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]So far I have been entirely unable to convince anyone that this is an important topic, so let me try again. Consider the following two scenarios:

I don't know anything about the Netsync protocol. However I agree with you that the concept of a project is missing in monotone. When you read the documentation at http://monotone.ca/monotone.html you expect a chapter "1.8 Projects" which doesn't exist though. Maybe you don't expect it when you read the documentation - but you start to miss it when you store several projects in a database and have to threaten every user to block their access if they start to jump around between branches. :) The "branch=project" concept doesn't work well and was probably never meant to work. I would welcome any attempt to introduce a project concept to monotone and I do think this is an important topic. (I don't know if another cert with the name "project" could solve this problem rather easily as it wouldn't require to introduce something brand new?)

Boris

[...]