Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: RFE: Hard Barrier Between Branches in Netsync

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: RFE: Hard Barrier Between Branches in Netsync
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:48:08 +0100

On Friday 02 March 2007, Boris wrote:

> (I don't know if  another cert with the name "project" could solve this
> problem rather  easily as it wouldn't require to introduce something brand
> new?)

This doesn't solve the netsync problem: You can always have that situation
where a revisions carries a certain brand cert, but some of its ancestors
don't, and you will end up retransmitting these ancestors again and again,
given the way netsync (for revisions) currently works.

Imho you can't build a sane permission system on per-revision certs.

- Thomas

--
Thomas Moschny  <address@hidden>