Re: [Monotone-devel] clone cleanup failure on Windows

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] clone cleanup failure on Windows
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:13:08 +1300

At 2007-03-02T09:58:51+1100, William Uther wrote:
> When clone is not supplied a --db argument it creates a new db in
> _MTN/mtn.db in the new workspace.  If the clone command fails for
> some reason (e.g. we try to clone a revision that doesn't exist in
> the branch we specified) the we usually will not know this until the
> new workspace has been created, the new db created in it, the branch
> pulled from the remote server, and the rest of the checkout started.

I really don't like the idea of the repository being stored in _MTN/ like
this.

Using ~/.monotone is quite a bit better, but it's not ideal.  It would mean
that the repository would end up in %APPDATA%/monotone on Windows, which is
part of the user's profile that might be part of a roaming profile in a
domain, which would mean the repository would be copied back and forth each
time they logged in to a machine.

I'd prefer to have clone require a --db argument be supplied.

Cheers,
-mjg
--
Matthew Gregan                     |/