Re: [Monotone-devel] where to put a (default) database?

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] where to put a (default) database?
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 01:04:37 +0100

> Small poll: what database file does other people use?

I place my databases in /var/lib/monotone, owned by my user and group
"src".  I choose names like /var/lib/monotone/foo.mtn-0.30 and change
the version number each time the database schema changes (currently I
use 0.31 from Debian Etch; on another machine where Monotone is still
at version 0.27, I use foo.mtn-0.26 as the dababase name).  I have an
automatic backup of /var/lib/monotone.

Then I have several checkouts per database, even per branch, in ~/src
and ~/src/debian (where I maintain some Debian packages).

Even though I mostly work on a laptop, I think this approach would
scale well to a multi-user system.  In fact, I administer my laptop as
I do all my other machines, which are all multi-user systems.

--
Ludovic Brenta.