Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvssync-refactor

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvssync-refactor
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:32:30 +1100

On 10/03/2007, at 3:16 AM, Lapo Luchini wrote:

William Uther wrote:
I'm not sure I can separate these neatly though. I think it is easier for the bad keys to be an issue if you're using ssh as the transport -
it isn't checking the key of the person doing the push.

I think not: the key of the sender has nothing to do with the key that
signed what is sent =)
(e.g. when I do push my revision I usually also push the translation
fixes made by my mother, with whom I sync'ed eariler, though she doesn't
have write access)

I did say easier, not impossible. With netsync the person who makes the push must have their correct public key in the remote db. With ssh I don't think that is true.

Cheers,

Will         :-}