[Monotone-devel] How the web server updates the pages...

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] How the web server updates the pages...
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:05:51 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I just sw in the IRC log that some wonder how the web server updates
from the monotone branch (nvm.web).  It's really very simple, I use
the following scripts from the contrib/ directory:

        monotone-mirror.sh (for mirroring the monotone repo and
                            perform post-pull actions)

        monotone-mirror-postaction-update.sh (for updating the web pages)
        monotone-notify.pl (for sending email notifications)

As you can see, monotone-mirror-postaction-update.sh does a simple
'mtn update', and as we all know, an update of the workspace will not
happen past a fork in the history.  Therefore, it is crucial that the
nvm.web branch doesn't stay multi-headed for too long.

If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/