Re: [Monotone-devel] Tiny improvements to bash_completion

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Tiny improvements to bash_completion
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:42:17 +0100

On 3/8/07, Matthew Sackman <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 11:27:21PM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 7 Mar 2007 23:19:39 +0100, "Olivier Andrieu"
<address@hidden> said:

> oandrieu> Err, are you sure this is bash syntax ? Mine does choke on
> oandrieu> these regexp-looking constructs in the "case".
>
> Works on my laptop.  Could this be about bash version?  Mine is this:
>
>   : ; set|grep VERSION
>   BASH_VERSION='3.1.17(1)-release'

Oh sorry, have replied off list. My first guess is that the shopt for
extglob may be off. If it's off then the pattern matching that I've used
won't work. Versions of bash would be my second guess.

shopt extglob seems to be on by default on my debian systems hence why I
voted make use of it ;-)

indeed, that's the reason. It's off by default on Fedora systems.

--
 Olivier