Re: [Monotone-devel] Tiny improvements to bash_completion

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Tiny improvements to bash_completion
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:42:43 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 12 Mar 2007 04:28:32 -0700, Nathaniel Smith
<address@hidden> said:

njs> On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 12:28:25PM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
wrote:
njs> > Turn it on and restore, like this:
njs> [...]
njs>
njs> Is this generally approved technique?  It seems broken if, say,
njs> the user hits tab, then C-c to cancel the completion...

Uhmm, the patch I made turns extglob on and off at *load time*, not
execution time.  So, it would be possible to have the effect you talk
about by interrupting before '. monotone.bash_completion' is done.
Nothing a trap can't handle, I guess.  I'm not an expert, but I might
experiment a bit tonight, if I'm reminded ;-).

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/