[Monotone-devel] Re: bug with utf-8 converts of log output

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: bug with utf-8 converts of log output
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:06:04 +0100

On Mittwoch, 14. März 2007, Henry Nestler wrote:
> 'mtn log' stops on non converted changelog entry, if the current console
> is not utf-8.
> It works in a utf-8 terminal.
>
> mtn: error: failed to convert string from UTF-8 to
> ISO-8859-15//IGNORE//TRANSLIT:
> [...]
> mtn: error: failed to convert string from UTF-8 to
> ANSI_X3.4-1968//IGNORE//TRANSLIT:

This should be fixed on mainline.

But while we are at it, transliteration doesn't seem to work:

$ LANG=C ./mtn --no-graph log | grep voll
        * de.po: Fix a typo. Change a phrase: 'vertrauensvoll' ->
'vertrauensw?rdig'.

compared to:

$ ./mtn --no-graph log | iconv -f utf-8 -t ASCII//TRANSLIT,IGNORE | grep voll
        * de.po: Fix a typo. Change a phrase: 'vertrauensvoll' ->
'vertrauenswuerdig'.

(using 9abfda44.. and an iconv cmd that comes with glibc on fc6).

- Thomas M.