Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Projection of files

From: Matthew Sackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Projection of files
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:46:34 +0100

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:36:32AM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> Matthew Sackman <address@hidden> writes:
> > For example, how do you find revisions which modified a particular
> > file?
>
> "mtn log <path>"

Fantastic, particularly in combination with --brief.

> > It'd be nice if there was a suitable selector so you could go mtn
> > automate select f:path/to/the/file.
>
> Maybe, though "/" is also used to separate selectors, so you might end
> up needing "f:path\/to\/the\/file", which would be less attractive.

Doh! Or the separator for selectors could be changed. Given that it's a
conjunction of terms, ⋀ might be suitable. Once again, bigger keyboard
with all unicode useful symbols and alphabets needed...

> A modified form of "mtn automate select" which also took restrictions
> might be the way to go?

So it becomes automate select SELECTOR [PATH]... I like that.

Thanks for your help,

Matthew
--
Matthew Sackman