Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone revision updates, minor feature requests

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone revision updates, minor feature requests
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 06:02:06 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 4 Apr 2007 20:31:06 -0700, Nathaniel Smith
<address@hidden> said:

njs> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 04:20:54PM -0700, J Decker wrote:
njs> >    Honestly I'm not sure - a couple people tried adding files and I said
mtn
njs> >    add *, they said that didn't work... and mtn add <directory name>
didn't
njs> >    add all the files in the directory... another one was attempting to
use
njs> >    --unknown and there were no files added even though mtn ls unknown
showed
njs> >    the files that were not yet tracked...  (we do have a .mtn-ignore file
njs> >    that disregards things like debug, *.ncb, and other temp files that
visual
njs> >    studio uses, but I'd imagine that if they shoed up with mtn ls
unknown,
njs> >    that they should also have been added... but he had to speciy each
njs> >    file.... ) but it's over now, so I don't know exact parameters of
this,
njs> >    and it's hear-say.
njs>
njs> <speculation>Maybe this is really the big mess around
njs> recursive/non-recursive behavior?</speculation>

That's exactly it.  You have to use --recursive as well to have it
work the old way.

Cheers,
Richard

-----