[Monotone-devel] Regular expressions in .mtn-ignore

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Regular expressions in .mtn-ignore
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:51:02 +0900

Question #1:
Is there any syntax to ignore files based on their case-insensitive extension? Currently I ignore all libraries with this for example:

\.dll\>
\.DLL\>

I can probably remove half of my .mtn-ignore file if there is a case-insensitive solution.

Question #2:
I have a file called Debug.something. This file should not be ignored. However I have another directory called Debug which I want to ignore completely. Currently my .mtn-ignore contains this:

[Dd]ebug\>

The problem is that the dot in Debug.something marks the end of the word Debug - thus the file Debug.something is ignored, too. I forced monotone to add it to the workspace nevertheless but wonder if can distinguish between files and directories somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Boris