Re: [Monotone-devel] Regular expressions in .mtn-ignore

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Regular expressions in .mtn-ignore
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:43:37 -0500

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 23:51 +0900, Boris wrote:
> Question #1:
> Is there any syntax to ignore files based on their case-insensitive
> extension? Currently I ignore all libraries with this for example:
>
> \.dll\>
> \.DLL\>
>
> I can probably remove half of my .mtn-ignore file if there is a
> case-insensitive solution.

http://www.boost.org/libs/regex/doc/syntax_perl.html

is the kind of regex we (currently) use. (I think there has been talk of
even switching to just globs, so this may not be valid forever.)

It looks like '\.(?i:dll)\>' would work.

> Question #2:
> I have a file called Debug.something. This file should not be ignored.
> However I have another directory called Debug which I want to ignore
> completely. Currently my .mtn-ignore contains this:
>
> [Dd]ebug\>
>
> The problem is that the dot in Debug.something marks the end of the word
> Debug - thus the file Debug.something is ignored, too. I forced monotone
> to add it to the workspace nevertheless but wonder if can distinguish
> between files and directories somehow?

'[Dd]ebug$' (or maybe '[Dd]ebug/' if we put a trailing slash on
directories, I don't recall offhand), perhaps?

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net