[Monotone-devel] Re: branch abbreviations

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: branch abbreviations
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:09:21 +0900

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:58:17 +0900, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]What this is doing is looking for a branch that matches the speficied
suffix (indicated by the preceeding "."). Of the ~200 branches in my
monotone database there are very few cases where the last component of
the branch name is not unique so this seems like a reasonable strategy.
It does totally assume that you have named your branches as suggested in
the monotone docs though so it may not help in all cases.

Thoughts? I have the basic patch working but need to update tests and
things. Do we want this on mainline?

I like the idea (especially as I for example started not to follow the naming conventions when I resetup my monotone database; if you have only one project per database as it's often recommended in this newsgroup you really don't want to type com.my-domain all the time; I think this naming convention makes only sense if you have several projects from different sources in one database?).

Boris