Re: [Monotone-devel] Call for testing: nvm.experiment.no-split-path

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Call for testing: nvm.experiment.no-split-path
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:55:37 -0700

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 11:17:44AM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> That's a good sign.  Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it myself - on
> the aforementioned beefy amd64 box, I'm seeing a very small but
> consistent slowdown on the same test (4m20 before, 4m21 after).
> oprofile is not cooperating with me (zero samples recorded, no matter
> what I do), so I don't know why.

Try 'opcontrol --status' -- this always happens to me, and it usually
means that opcontrol has decided to remember some random weird setting
that I had used once, and keep it forever.

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould