Re: [Monotone-devel] fixing poor branch names

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fixing poor branch names
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:21:50 -0700

On 6/22/07, Corey Sweeney <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone.  I've been using monotone 0.24 for a while now, and it's
been great.   When i first started using monotone, i made some bad
choices in my branchnames  (including one branched called 'initial
checkin' :).  Now that i understand what the branchnames are for, i'd
like to bring my branch names in line with the naming convention.  Is
there a way to do that without loosing the history?   I'd really like
to clean up my cluttered namespace.

(Please cc me on any responces, as i'm not subscribed to the list)

I believe you will need to select all revisions with a particular
branch cert, then loop through them adding your new branch cert, then
delete the old branch cert.

--
Justin Patrin