Re: [Monotone-devel] Ubuntu 6.06

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ubuntu 6.06
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:49:14 -0700

A simpler solution than all this might be to just use one of the
standalone binaries from the web site:
  http://monotone.ca/downloads/0.36/mtn-0.36-linux-x86.bz2
  http://monotone.ca/downloads/0.36/mtn-0.36-linux_2.6-static.bz2
Just uncompress, rename to "mtn", make executable, and put somewhere
in your path, and they should work.

(Why do we have two of these now?  I can't tell which one I would
need or what the real difference is; do we expect that users can?  It
would be better to just provide whichever single binary works on the
greatest variety of possible systems...)