Re: [Monotone-devel] automate log?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate log?
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 21:38:57 +0200

Stephen Leake schrieb:
Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

So I won't be working on 'automate log' right now; maybe later.

However, I'd like to list the changes in the revs that mtn knows
about, not just the ones the user mentioned in the changelog cert. I
have newbies on my team that don't write good changelogs :(.

So I will implement 'automate get_change_set <revid>'. That will
retrieve the changeset(s) for the revision, and print them with
cset.cc print_cset.

Hrm... we already have automate get_manifest_of - or do you want to retrieve a changeset between two arbitrary revisions, like f.e. the one mtn diff outputs before the diff stanzas?

Unless someone has a better name, or there is already a way to get
this info.

When I implemented content_diff without the changeset part in front I explicitely left room for some kind of "revision_diff" command which would print out this missing part, but maybe this is just a stupid name.

In 'mtn log', if a revision is a merge, the left and right change sets
are mashed together, then printed. I think 'automate get_change_set'
should print them separately; the client can display them together if
it wants to.

What do you think, would the plain revision format be sufficient or do you want to include further data in it?

Thomas.