Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:48:12 -0700

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Quite a lot of time (4+ months) passed by since 0.40 was released and a
> couple of things have been implemented and fixed since then. Though there
> are no big highlights, I'd still like to do a release just to show that
> we're still alive. The buildbots (at least those which are working) look
> reasonable green - the freebsd one has a not enough memory problem, some
> seem to be offline, but the rest looks ok.

"make distcheck" is failing because it can't find a rule to create
"mtnopt".  This is a script which comes with the source tree; I tried
renaming it out of the util/ directory but that did not help.  Whoever
created that file, please fix this.

> if everything looks reasonable sane, I'd do a release sometime on sunday.

I've also done a couple of small updates to the Debian packaging.
Please DO NOT follow the instructions in upgrade-checklist.txt for
modifying debian/changelog; instead just do

$ dch -m --release

and then immediately quit out of the editor.  If you do not have
access to the "dch" utility, just change the word "UNRELEASED" to
"unstable" on the first line of debian/changelog, and replace the date
after my email address with the current time (you can use "date -R" to
get it in the right format).  Note that there must be two spaces
between the email address and the date.

I'll handle debian packaging/upload from there.

zw