[Monotone-devel] mtn2git issues

From: Felipe Contreras
Subject: [Monotone-devel] mtn2git issues
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 02:46:10 +0300

Hi,

I've been working on a mtn2git script and I've been having many issues.

What git requires is very simple; a list of the files that changed
(added, modified, renamed, removed) in each revision.

First I tried get_revision which is very fast, however, the output is
not exactly what I want.

When a merge happens, get_revision is listing all the changes (the
changes from both branches), not the changes that happened strictly of
that revision.

Then I tried get_manifest_of, however, that is very slow. And even if
it wasn't, it would require a considerable amount of processing and
store every tree of every revision.

Do you have any recommendation on how to get what changed in each
revision? Surely it must not be that difficult.

Best regards.

--
Felipe Contreras