Re: [Monotone-devel] question about multiple syncs

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] question about multiple syncs
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:57:54 -0500

"Hugo Cornelis" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am working on the same project on 4 different PCs.  This means a lot
> of sync operations between the repositories on the different PCs.  So
> I have automated these frequent syncs using a perl script.
>
> The problem now, is that I am often loosing track about what was
> synchronized from where.

One solution to this is to designate one PC as the central repository,
and only sync other PCs to that one, not to each other.

> What is the most easy way to add a cert to the repository to keep
> track of the original PCs where the commit was made ?

Why do you want to do this? I don't see how it is related to keeping
things in sync.

One solution is to use different author names and/or keys on each PC.

> What is the most easy way to add certs to the repository that flags a
> particular revision as being synchronized to a destination repository
> ?

Use the 'cert' command; you can add arbitrary certs.

If you want to automate setting that cert as part of the sync process,
there are sync related Lua hooks; see the monotone manual, or
std_hooks.lua; note_netsync_end would be a good place.

But I'm still not clear why you want to do this.

--
-- Stephe