[Monotone-devel] Botan license change (patch review plz)

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Botan license change (patch review plz)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:56:01 -0500

In April 2008 the license for botan changed slightly (details at
http://lists.randombit.net/pipermail/botan-devel/2008-April/000527.html)

This patch changes three files, AUTHORS and gzip.{cc,hh}

For AUTHORS I just copied the (C) notice for botan to match the text
in nvm's botan/license.txt (presumably AUTHORS just never got updated
after the inital import of botan into nvm)

For gzip, I changed the copyright to reflect the authors and actual
in-the-legal-sense copyright holders of botan's zlib.{cpp,h} on which
the gzip implementation is based. These are Peter J Jones (of Netxx
fame) who wrote the bzip2 support for botan (actually the very first
piece of contributed code for botan), which I later copied and
modified for zlib. This does not AFAIK actually change anything,
because (since 'The Botan Project' did not exist in any legal sense)
the copyright was always actually owned by Peter and myself, so this
just changes the files to more accurately reflect reality.

I can check in if OK.

-Jack