[Monotone-devel] Suspending abandoned branches

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Suspending abandoned branches
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 02:59:09 +0100

Hi all!

During the preps for the 0.43 release I tried to check what branches
were actually actively propagated to or even developed on [0]. Many
branches however seem to got abandoned (I tip my finger at my own nose
here, having a couple of these laying around) and I'd vote to suspend
these to get a more "up-to-date" list of branches which are actually
still useful.

Dan came up with a good idea here, he said we should add some
notification / comment to the suspended revision which tells an
interesting fellow _why_ it was suspended. I did this with two of
branches Derek told me he abandoned and with a few others. The best
thing here might be to include the URL of a mailing list message or
something similar which explains why the branch is abandoned, so the
discussion is kept on the list and the suspended revs just point to this
discussion.

So, if you people have some spare time (f.e. sitting in a plane with
nothing to do ;) it would be cool if you could check your own branches
and maybe also those of other people which haven't been seen since more
than a year or so in the project.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas.

[0] ...using this utility script: http://pastebin.ca/1361168