Re: [Monotone-devel] Current status of cvssync?

From: hendrik
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Current status of cvssync?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:00:28 -0400

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:54:57AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm wondering what the status of cvssync is.  I found a glowing review
> from a few years ago about a cvssync development branch, but nothing
> recent, and nothing but a one-way import in the on-line manual.

Looked some more, and found three branches in the view-mtn on angry
goats.

net.venge.monotone.cvssync, 829 days old
net.venge.monotone.cvssync.attrs, 681 days old, and
net.venge.monotone.cvssync.refactor, 48 days old,

Evidently, current development seems to be on the ...refactor branch.

It looks as if a regular effort has been made over a long time to merge
net.venge.monotone into net.venge.monotone.cvssync.refactor; at least
every year or so, follower by a flurry of small changes.  This almost
suggests that cvs-sync is quite orthogonal to the mainline version;
after the mainline is updated for a year, only a few problems show up
when it's merged into net.venge.monotone.cvssync.refactor

But it doesn't seem to get merged into mainline.  So either it breaks
some policy (hard to imagine) or it's not as stable as I guessed just
above.  Or there just aren't enough people around to do the final
merger.

Can anyone enlighten me?
  (a) Is it usable?
  (b) is it usable for those that aren't developing monotone?
  (c) does it have serious bugs or deep concptual problems?

-- hendrik