Re: [Monotone-devel] Current status of cvssync?

From: hendrik
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Current status of cvssync?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:30:51 -0400

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:01:47AM +0100, Markus Wanner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> address@hidden wrote:
> > Can anyone enlighten me?
> >   (a) Is it usable?
> >   (b) is it usable for those that aren't developing monotone?
> >   (c) does it have serious bugs or deep concptual problems?
>
> AFAICT Christof has used it for his own work, so I guess something
> between (a) and (b), but maybe also (c), otherwise it would have landed
> on mainline  ;-)
>
> What's the issue you want to solve?

Interoperability between monotone and the CVS that the Modula 3 grop
now uses, to
   (a) provide another place to access source code for development
when the main site goes down (which it did recently)
   (b) make a gradual transition possible to a better Vercion control
system should they decide to go that way.

My experience is that people are much more willing to try a new system
if they know they can go back to the old if things don't work out.

-- hendrik