Re: [Monotone-devel] RFE: "mtn status" should add a trailing slash to di

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] RFE: "mtn status" should add a trailing slash to directory names
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:36:24 +0200

Derrick Moser schrieb:
> Thomas Keller wrote:
>> mtn status is the user UI, you probably want to use mtn automate
>> inventory [0]. There you get all the information:
>
> Thanks.  "mtn automate inventory" provides the information I need.  I
> found a bug while testing it though.  It looks like files with
> backslashes in their name trigger an assert.  "mtn status" doesn't
> appear to have this problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Derrick
>
> $ touch '\'
> $ mtn automate inventory
> mtn: fatal: error: paths.cc:420: I(utf8_validate(utf8(data,
> origin::internal)) && !has_bad_component_chars(data) && data != "." &&
> data != "..")

I think this is more a general assertion which is not checked in
inventory. We disallow a couple of chars in path names, amongst them
slashes and backslashes because this would make problems on some
platforms. But you're right of course, mtn automate inventory should
gracefully handle these (unknown) files and probably introduce a new
"invalid" status flag for them to make sure they can't be added to the
repository.

Thomas.