Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone questions on stackoverflow.com (automatic

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone questions on stackoverflow.com (automatic tarball?)
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:29:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hmmm, you're writing something about unchecked pulls, and it has me
wonder if that could be an idea to explore...

Right now, with just half a minute of thought, I wonder if it would be
possible to have some kind of lazy check, that new revisions wouldn't
be checked during pull, but rather when used for the first time...

For now, I know that some have suggested that admins could make a copy
of the database available for download...  from a security point of
view (since security is a major point in monotone), that's entirely
equivalent to a pull that's not checked at all!  So the question is if
an in-between solution could be worth looking at...

Cheers,
Richard ( it's early morning, my brain is in gear but not necessarely
sane ;-) )

In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:50:36 +0200, Lapo Luchini