[Monotone-devel] unchecked pull [Was: monotone questions on stackoverflo

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] unchecked pull [Was: monotone questions on stackoverflow.com]
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:34:23 +0200

Richard Levitte wrote:
> For now, I know that some have suggested that admins could make a copy
> of the database available for download...  from a security point of
> view (since security is a major point in monotone), that's entirely
> equivalent to a pull that's not checked at all!

Yes, that's the line of thought that brought me there too.

Mainly, probably, while I was explaining some people the reason
"mtn pull" is so different from "$anyVCS pull" is that it's not a
"download" command, is mainly a "check every single bit of it while,
almost by chance, fetching it from remote", which is quite a bit of a
different thing. =)

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.” (Pablo Picasso)