Re: [Monotone-devel] How to split a project

From: Judson Lester
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] How to split a project
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:25:20 -0800

There's the more immediate case, even, of discovering that part of one project is really a module that should be shareable - you'd like to pull it out into its own branch, delete files on both sides, and then merge_into_dir the module's branch.  Alas, since they share a common parent, this is forbidden.  I have a rough understanding that there's some more-than-trivial complication with making that possible, but I'm not clear on what it is.

Judson