monotone-users

Re: [Monotone-users] Distinguishing between deleted files and deleted di

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-users] Distinguishing between deleted files and deleted directories.
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:39:10 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:23:24 +0200, Thomas Keller
<address@hidden> said:

me> Am 30.06.2011 05:05, schrieb Derrick Moser:
me> > Hello.  I am trying to get a summary of the changes made to files in
me> > a given revision.  I can get most of the information I need by
me> > running the "mtn automate get_revision <revision>" command.  However,
me> > the output of that command does not distinguish between deleted files
me> > and deleted directories.  How can I determine which of the deleted
me> > items were files and which ones were directories?
me>
me> The only way I know of is to look at the parent revision's manifest, i.e.
me>
me>   $ mtn au get_manifest_of $(mtn au select p:<revision>)
me>
me> Be careful that you pick the right revision in case its a merge revision
me> you're looking at (the above command would not work for this use case,
me> as select would return two, instead of just one row).

$ for r in `mtn au select p:$REVISION`; do mtn au get_manifest_of $r; done

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/