moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Can't build it.

From: Christian Glodt
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Can't build it.
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:16:32 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 20 May 2003 13:25:25 +0800, John Darrington wrote
> There seems to be a bit of work needed to make moz-bononbo truly
> portable.
>
> I'm trying to  build on Debian (woody) and there's a lot of hurdles:

I use Debian sid.

> 1.  The #define DEBUGM(...)  construct isn't liked by gcc-2.95 and
>     seems to be contrary to ANSI.  But it works ok with gcc-3.0

I'm not sure I want to support gcc-2.95. IMO it should just go away,
after all this is the 21st century. And I want to be able to declare
variables anywhere in the code, not just at the start of blocks.

Still, I think I'll accept patches, for the sake of compatibility
with platforms that don't have gcc-3.x yet.

> 2.  There are *heaps* of included dirs which are needed, but not
>     picked up by the autoconf macros.  I've been having to manually
>     put them in the Makefile.  Finally I'm down to
>     gconf/gconf-client.h which isn't installed on my machine and I'm
>     not sure which package it's supposed to be in.

Yes, that's a well-known problem. I'll have to go over all used
headers/libs and add them to the configure.in file.

I have gnome-*-dev installed and therefore I didn't see the problem
before.

Cheers,

Christian Glodt