moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Plugins parameters

From: Christian Glodt
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Plugins parameters
Date: 04 Jun 2003 17:22:28 +0200

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 16:54, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When embeded in html page, either in an embed or an object tag, plugins
> can receive parameters via the NPP_New function. In our case, I suggest
> using the BonoboPropertyBag mechanism to pass the values to the Bonobo
> Control. I have written one for which I need parameters, so I can test
> such code. I might even write the code and send it as a patch (I don't
> know exactly when I'll find the time, being very busy with GChemPaint
> and gnumeric at the moment).
>
> Best regards,

Great idea! I hadn't thought of that. If you decide to look at the code,
please use the CVS version from the Gnome CVS server (module name is
"mozilla-bonobo").

I've been looking at print support in the meantime, and even though it
seems quite feasible, I've encountered quite a bit of problems.
Many browsers don't implement printing of plugins properly, and what's
worse, I haven't been able to actually print a bonobo component.
Apparently the necessary client code has vanished from Gnome. It used
to be in bonobo-1.0, but it's not present anymore in bonobo-2.0.
There also used to be some code in libgnomeprint-2.1, but it's been
removed from there too. So I'm stuck now, because I have no idea how
to get a component to print itself :(

Christian Glodt