moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] a new mozbonobo plugin

From: Luca Padovani
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] a new mozbonobo plugin
Date: 10 Aug 2003 16:25:13 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 14:05, Christian Glodt wrote:
> If that means that we need to design our own Bonobo interface, then we
> need to be very careful - interface design is hard. In that case I'd
> also like to have input from other hackers (gnome-hackers list for
> example).

I agree that the definition of a brand new interface is not easy in
general. But, and sorry if I sound naive here, isn't the Mozilla's
Browser Side Plug-in API the interface we're looking for? (Christian
posted the URL in his previous email) Perhaps not every method can be
implemented easily in the context of Bonobo, but doesn't it feel "right"
that a mozilla-bonobo component should have access to an interface that
abstracts what the browser has to offer?

Best Regards,
-- luca