Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Emos and myExperiment

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Emos and myExperiment
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:11:51 +0100

Duncan Hull wrote:

> I think lots of myExperiment users won't want to install Taverna at all,
> I thought that one of the main points?

They certainly shouldn't need it.

Right now, there's no server implementation of Taverna afaik and no way
to launch Taverna with a workflow directly in an easy, user configurable
way.

There's also the work for Taverna to push things into myExperiment.

For now, downloading and running a workflow is a two step process.

* Download it
* Open it in Taverna manually

Which sucks, but we've been working hard on getting the rest in place
for this deadline.

matt