Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Wrapping a Runner with a web service

From: Jiten Bhagat
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Wrapping a Runner with a web service
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:48:29 +0100

Hi Scott,

Thanks,
Jits

M. Scott Marshall wrote:

Hi Marco,

As we were recently discussing, I think that myExperiment/Taverna/BioCatalogue would be interesting to the Pistoia project[1], which will assemble data standards, services, and ontologies for the Pharmaceutical Drug Discovery workflow. Note carefully that the participants of this project are the Heads of (Chem)IT for several not terribly small Pharma companies.

While formulating my ideas about this to pose to Pistoia members, I came up with a technical question and would like to know who can help me with the answer. The question is about plans for creating web service wrappers for workflow Runners on myExperiment. This is now within reach, isn't it? Or is this desire-induced delusion on my part? The ramifications are HUGE: composition of workflows via web service interfaces can become trivial and myExperiment could provide web (REST) access to executing them.

Best,
Scott

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/pistoia

P.S. Don't think that I can post this to the myGrid list. Is it appropriate?