[Myexperiment-discuss] Wrapping a Runner with a web service

From: M. Scott Marshall
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Wrapping a Runner with a web service
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:00:38 +0200

[I've been asked by Jits to post this to Taverna-hackers and keep myExperiment-discuss cc'ed.]

Hi Marco,

As we were recently discussing, I think that
myExperiment/Taverna/BioCatalogue would be interesting to the Pistoia
project[1], which will assemble data standards, services, and ontologies
for the Pharmaceutical Drug Discovery workflow. Note carefully that the
participants of this project are the Heads of (Chem)IT for several not
terribly small Pharma companies.

While formulating my ideas about this to pose to Pistoia members, I came
up with a technical question and would like to know who can help me with
the answer. The question is about plans for creating web service
wrappers for workflow Runners on myExperiment. This is now within reach,
isn't it? Or is this desire-induced delusion on my part? The
ramifications are HUGE: composition of workflows via web service
interfaces can become trivial and myExperiment could provide web (REST)
access to executing them.

Best,
Scott

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/pistoia