Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] strategies for excluding username/password fr

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] strategies for excluding username/password from logbook?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:31:59 +0100

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:15 PM, James Howison <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sounds good.  So components would be able to get data from the security
> agent when needed?

Yes, given that the security agent allows them to do so! :-)  (There
might be some UI popups to provide the username/password the first
time, with a Firefox-style password manager that can remember them for
the next time)

> Could I follow this discussion on taverna-dev? I've been thinking a lot
> recently about 'typing' input/output variables using Classes defined in owl
> ontologies.

Yeah, you could start a new thread on taverna-hackers (
http://taverna.sourceforge.net/lists ) and ask about how the
logbook/provenance will be in t2, and I'll push the provenance people
to come with their plans (as I'm not sure if they are on this list,
and it might be interesting to other Taverna hackers), I know they
have a few documents in the wiki.

I think it would be very valuable for them if you give them your use
case about what you are thinking to use the provenance for, and in
particular what kind of queries you would be doing!

> What I did was arrange services to go through a proxy with a 'fake'
> password.  I can then revoke that password 'locally', without having to
> change our password on the remote services.  This is obviously not ideal, it
> only protects against accidental exposure, so we'd love people to be able to
> use their own user/pass details with the workflows when we come to publish,
> which is by the end of northern summer.
>
> What's the timetable for T2, again?

There should be a beta version of the Taverna 2 workbench ready for
ISMB 2008 in July, but it depends on your service if we would have
support for that using the security agent.. maybe you could also
detail this on the taverna-hackers list - to feed in to the developers
doing the security agent! :-)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science