[Myexperiment-discuss] plugin for ubiquity, a firefox extension

From: Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] plugin for ubiquity, a firefox extension
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:02:00 +0200

Hi people,
I wrote a very-small plugin for ubiquity for myExperiment.

Ubiquity is a firefox extension that enables you to execute custom commands in the browser, therefore making faster to browse the web.
You can find the plugin and a better description of ubiquity here:
- http://www.myexperiment.org/files/151 , http://labs.mozilla.com/projects/ubiquity/

I have a few questions:
- I would like to update the file. How should I do it? If I click on 'Manage file entry'/'Edit' on the file's main page, I can only change its description. Is it possible to update file after they have been published? How this is done?

- Does myExperiment support revision control softwares like git, svn, cvs? It would be very useful.

- For this plugin to be published properly, the html link to it should be customized, the '<a href' tag is not sufficent. I have to follow the instruction described here:
-> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Ubiquity/Ubiquity_0.1_Author_Tutorial#Sharing_it_with_the_World
I suppose it would be better to publish the plugin somewhere else, is it not? Or can you manually fix the link?

- I put a link of this plugin on mozilla labs' website, here, in the 'web 2.0 social network' section:
-> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Ubiquity/Commands_In_The_Wild#Web_2.0_.28Social_networks.2C_blogs.2C_recommenders.2C_etc.29
Is it ok? I thought it was the best section.

My Blog on Bioinformatics (italian): http://bioinfoblog.it