Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] plugin for ubiquity, a firefox extension

From: Danius Michaelides
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] plugin for ubiquity, a firefox extension
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:28:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio wrote:

I have a few questions:
- I would like to update the file. How should I do it? If I click on 'Manage
file entry'/'Edit' on the file's main page, I can only change its
description. Is it possible to update file after they have been published?
How this is done?

Unfortunately, files arent versioned (like workflows) and it's not
currently possible to update a file. Its an issue we intend to deal with,
however we've not scheduled the work so we cant give a clear idea when.

- Does myExperiment support revision control softwares like git, svn, cvs?
It would be very useful.

myExperiment has no support for these external version control systems.

- For this plugin to be published properly, the html link to it should be
customized, the '<a href' tag is not sufficent. I have to follow the
instruction described here:
->
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Ubiquity/Ubiquity_0.1_Author_Tutorial#Sharing_it_with_the_World
I suppose it would be better to publish the plugin somewhere else, is it
not? Or can you manually fix the link?

I guess if you are intending on developing the plugin further then
you'd be better off publishing it elsewhere. You could link to it from
the description of your existing entry. However, I can correct the error
in your existing file, if you wish.

Regards,
Danius