Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Get username & store endpoint

From: Jiten Bhagat
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Get username & store endpoint
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 16:15:03 +0000

Hi Tony,

Absolutely. I'm monitoring and will be playing around with a new component system being developed for Rails, called desert - http://github.com/tog/desert/tree/master. It sounds like it would help a lot with problems like this!

Cheers,
Jits

Linde, A.E. wrote:
And so did that :)

I’ll have to come back to how to change the user table. I think it is worth putting this on your radar as I’m sure I won’t be the only one wanting to use myExperiment who’ll need database changes/additions.

Cheers,
Tony.

On 06/11/2008 09:40, "Jiten Bhagat" <address@hidden> wrote:

    > Many thanks, Jits: that worked.

    Great :-)

    > One more question: in workflows/_table.rhtml, I want to refer to the
    > username of the person logged in so as to construct the endpoint for
    > storing their RDF claims: how might I do this?

    You can use the current_user variable which is available in all views.
    If you're using it to get the username you will need to first check if
    the user is logged in. So, for example:

    Name: <%= current_user.name if logged_in? -%>

    (or using current_user.username in your case).

--
Tony Linde
Project Manager