[Myexperiment-discuss] Re: To send to myExperiment discuss?

From: Marco Roos
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: To send to myExperiment discuss?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 00:00:37 +0200

Hello myExperimenters,

We would like to make a plea to bring back support for blogs and forums in myExperiment. As far as we remember they have been removed, because they were not very much used and could complicate matters for early-day users. However, now that myExperiment (and its users) have matured, we would like to bring forward the following arguments for their return:
  • Group communication: not only does myExperiment bring people together, groups as such have started to join myExperiment; a particular example is the Concept Web Alliance. The combination of sharing research objects and communication is very attractive.
  • We imagine users could control access over their forums/blogs 'myExperiment-style'.
  • We think that myExperiment may be ideal for marrying the paradigm of mailing-list and web forums. Some prefer to follow discussions from their mail ("push" tech), while other prefer to visit the website ("pull" tech). It would be nice if you could control these options per discussion group, and, eventually, per subject/thread/discussion.
  • We wonder if Nabble could be used to fulfil our wishes.
Many thanks,
Scott and Marco.

--
Marco Roos (PhD)
BioSemantics group, Human Genetics department, Leiden University Medical Centre